Manchester Cardiac Surgeons are pioneers of the Tele-MDT service which provides dedicated online team development to clients across the globe. Regardless of your location, we can put together a specialist MDT to provide you with an online consultation via a conference call over the phone or Skype for any cardiac condition.
Most heart specialists would agree that ideally, the case of each patient with a cardiac disorder should be discussed in a multidisciplinary team (MDT). Even in the most straightforward cases, small mistakes can lead to devastating consequences for the patient. MDTs help specialists avoid tunnel vision in making decisions about the best course of action. Our Tele-MDT service enables those looking to provide the very best cardiac care with access to the expertise they require.
Our UK-trained surgeons have travelled across the globe to gain experience in a wide range of cardiac procedures. Among our team members are consultant surgeons specialising in transcatheter aortic and mitral valve replacements (TAVR), off-pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) procedures and treatments for adult congenital heart diseases. Learn more by going to Our Surgeons page or reading each surgeons’ individual biography.
As a team, we specialise in advising on the treatment of adult congenital cardiac disorders and performing minimally invasive and off-pump cardiac procedures. Our MDTs are able to discuss and make decisions concerning a variety of cases, from patients who require complex aortic bypass surgery to those who are excellent candidates for TAVR treatment. In each of our MDTs, the expertise of our consultant cardiac surgeons is complemented by the available cardiologists, imaging consultants, radiologists, anaesthetics and cardiac intensivists who make up each team.
How to Book
- Complete Our Contact Form. – Please ensure that all information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Response and Requests. – Our administration team will confirm that we have received your request. They will then ask your team to send over additional information, such as the results of the patient’s angiogram and other evaluations.
- Send Additional Information. – Please send over the information requested.
- Booking. Our team will then send over a list of available dates. Please confirm which will work best for your team.
- Tele-MDT Call. – Your MDT will give you a call either over the phone or via Skype. We are also willing to work with other platforms, such as Google Hangouts and Facetime. Simply let us know which your team would prefer.